Job Club talks about:
- Choice of jobs
- Reasons to find a job
- Setting and reaching your goals
- Job Seeking
- Overcoming barriers
- How you feel about yourself
- The way you do present yourself
- Things you should know when starting your new job
- Develop your job seeking skills
- Help write a professional resume
- Help with job applications
- Speak with employers about a job
- A job coach will help teach you what you need to know about your new job
Customized Employment Solutions (CES): helps people find and maintain jobs in the community. The jobs are competitive and are based on a person's preferences. Employment specialists are available to help you plan your career; identify factors that could stand in your way and develop solutions, and help you succeed after you have obtained a job. When hired, an employment specialist will continue to provide supports and services.
CES was awarded a grant through Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services. The purpose of this grant was to purchase computers, printers, job readiness software, and SimuRide driver simulation equipment to enhance a person's access to employment opportunities. The computer lab is being used to assist with job search, completing applications for employment, and preparing resumes.
The Driver's Access Program uses SimuRide. SimuRide provides a simulated driving experience by allowing the participant to sit in a driver's seat, apply gas and brakes, and steer a vehicle in various circumstances, using computerized software that provides a visual output of streets, rain, other cars, etc. The program includes instructions on how to obtain a driver license and prepare for a driver's test.